I hope to use this to stay in touch with friends on all corners of the globe. Be sure to let me know you've visited. Remember life is not an emergency, breathe deep relax and enjoy.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The week after Pentiction Training Camp



The overly ambitious goal of 1000km ride, 100km run, and 10km swim fell a bit short, by about half. Despite that we were all tired at the end of each training day.

The biggest ride of the week was 160km of the 180km Ironman course. This was the highlight of the week for me as it really helped to put the race into perspective, and definatley gave me some good visualization tools. There nothing like knowing what your about to face. There are 2 big mountain passes on the course, Richter and Yellow Lake. They are a bit of a challange, especially Yellow Lake which is 145km into the ride. Ouch.

Most days started with a swim, roughly 2km, followed by either a long ride, or a combination ride run. On average we were training about 5 hours a day.

I hope I qualify in Victoria, but if I don't I'll be driving out to Penticton to watch and register for next year.

1 Comments:

Blogger KMag said...

Sounds gnarly Norm! What an amazing area to be doing your training in!, must have been an awesome trip!

We had our first Island Cup xc race today - good times!

9:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home